IGCSE PROGRAMME (GRADES VI – X)
The International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) is a qualification offered by Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) – UK. This is one of the most recognized qualifications around the world for Secondary School students.
At Hill Spring International School (HSI) the Middle and Secondary School Programme is designed to be taught as a course of studies for students aged 11 to 16, culminating with an externally-validated examination at the end of Grade X.
IGCSE Middle School – Grades VI, VII, VIII (Cambridge Secondary 1)
- The Middle School academic programme is designed to cater to the needs of students aged 11 to 14.
- Students will study subjects from all the five groups of the IGCSE curriculum.
- It provides a natural progression from Primary education.
- It sets clear learning objectives for the three years of the Cambridge Secondary 1 programme.
- Focuses on learners’ development.
- Has a flexible framework and caters to different learning styles.
IGCSE Secondary School – Grades IX and X (Cambridge Secondary 2)
- every student will appear for the IGCSE(Cambridge International General Certificate of Secondary Education) examination in all five subject groups which are compulsory.
- every student must choose at least one subject from each of the five groups.
- every student is expected to study and appear for at least seven subjects in the extended curriculum of that subject to qualify for the ICE (Cambridge International Certificate of Education).
- the course of study is spread over Grades IX and X.
- close monitoring and mentoring by the faculty encourages students to achieve to the best of their potential.
Subject groups offered at Hill Spring International School
|GROUP I||GROUP II||GROUP III||GROUP IV||GROUP V|
|LANGUAGES||HUMANITIES & SOCIAL SCIENCES||SCIENCES||MATHEMATICS|| |
| || || || || |